- Kneel on the floor with the ankles together.
- Stretch the right leg sideways and turn the right foot out 90 degrees, extending the sole of the foot to the floor.
- Inhale extend the arms out to the side at chest height.
- Exhale extend the right arm, palm up to the right shin and extend the left arm over the ear.
- Inhale and draw the torso and arms back to center.
- Exhale bring the knee back underneath the hip and repeat on the other side.
The pelvic region is extended and lubricated. The abdominal organs are toned. The sideways spinal movement is important for all spines and will help persons suffering from stiff backs.
Modifications and Props :
Start with the knee bent at 90 degrees with the knee, ankle and shin in the same plane as the hip. Then extend the leg straight as instructed above.
Are you a Yoga Teacher?