Trianga Mukhaikapada Pascimottanasana
In this pose the three limbs are the feet, knees, and buttocks. Mukhaikapada - Mukha -Face Eka - One Pada - Leg or Foot corresponds to the face touching the one straight leg. Pascimottanasana is extended stretch to the west pose.
1. Sit in Dandasana
2. Bend the right knee and place the right foot by the side of the right hip joint in ardha virasana. Keep the toes pointing back.
3. Learn to balance in this position. Keep the extended leg stretched with toes pointed forward.4. Hold the left foot with both the palms and if possible, extend the trunk forward and hook the wrists.
5. Join the knees exhale and bend forward. Learn to keep the trunk in the centre. Avoid the tilt.
6. Rest the forehead, nose, lips, then the chin on the left knee by widening the elbows and extending the torso.
7. Inhale raise the head and the torso. Release the hands and come back to upright. Straighten the right leg into Dandasana and Repeat on the other side.
Tones the abdominal organs.
Extend the sides of the waist. Practice by lifting the arms in Urdhva Hastasana.
Do not lift the bent leg buttock bone.
Do not tilt the weight into the stretched leg, but bring the weight into the center of the bent leg thigh.
Use a folded blanket under the buttocks if pelvis does not remain level or if there is any discomfort in the knees or the lower back is rounded.
Are you a Yoga Teacher?