- Stand in Tadasana Inhale deeply and spread the arms and legs apart about 3 - 3.5 feet. The feet are parallel in Uttitha Hasta Padasana.
- Turn the entire right leg out 90 degrees to the right. Turn the left foot slightly to the right, keeping the left leg stretched from the inside and tightened at the knee. Parsva Hasta Padasana. The Ankle, Knee and Middle of the Thigh are in line.
- Exhale, extend the trunk sideways and bring the right palm near the right ankle or hold the shin.
- Stretch the left arm up, bring it in line with the right shoulder and extend the trunk. Back of the legs, the back of the chest and the hips should be in a line. Gaze at the thumb. Inhale, return to Uttitha Hasta Padasana. Repeat on the other side.
Corrects deformity in the legs and relieves backache and neckache.
- Extend the Sides of the Waist.
- Take the shoulderblades into the back.
- Rotate the chest towards the ceiling
- Draw the outer hip underneath you.
- Back foot presses as much as front foot.
- Lengthen the underside of the chest and Move the underside of chest anteriorly.
- Move the Sternum towards the head.
Modifications and Props :
- Place your hand on a block or a chair, if it is challenging to keep the knees extended while in this pose.
- Practice with the wall behind you to help keep your hips, shoulders and head in the same plane.
Are you a Yoga Teacher?