Although some are talking about another 40 inches of snow this month, March is the month of the spring equinox and therefore heralds the beginning of spring. Until then, we are still in the water element and the end of the winter.
As some of you may know we are posting daily yoga asanas on our new site. In honor of the wintertime, our focus is back bends which are beneficial all the time, but particularly in the wintertime as they help us tap into our kidney energy which can be taxed during the winter months. Check out our asana index for several backbending poses to practice. Additionally, we have posted audio files from iHanuman Co-Founder Tilak Pyle's Online Sanskrit Pronunciation Guide, so you can work on pronouncing the Sankrit names of the Yoga Asanas. We have a new audio feature for you with Kirtanist Govindas as well as new audio and video in our Download Store.
We are looking forward to a fabulous Spring with you all.
Sara Miles Pope Agelasto
Managing Editor and Co-Founder, iHanuman.com
"Thank you for helping to build the bridge with iHanuman."
iHanuman has been busy this winter refining our online community and download store. We have listened to your suggestions and pruned what no longer serves us to provide our growing community with the best possible website dedicated to the ancient art of yoga.
Here are 7 ways you help us make it even better!
1. Subscribe to our Podcast in iTunes and if you enjoy the podcast, write a review!
2. Comment on some of your favorite features or suggest new features you want to see.
3. Forward this email to other yogis you know who are interested in our features.( The Forward Link is at the bottom of your email.)
4.Forward this email to other teachers who might want to Join Our Community.
5. Download an Audio or Video Class from our Store.
6. Subscribe to our growing communities elsewhere on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
7. If you have a website, copy and paste our link badge found on Our New Homepage or directly in the sidebar to the left of this newsletter to show your support.
Stay in touch, Stay Warm, and Stay Inspired.
- Our New Feature:Interview with Govindas: Govindas is a yoga teacher and kirtanist based in Santa Monica, Califorinia. He teaches a unique style that he calls "Bhakti Vinyasa", which is a soulful, bhakti-based, devotionally infused yoga experience that incorporates chanting, pranayama, purifying vinyasa flows, and free-form movement to open the heart and dance with spirit. Listen to the interview.
- Featured Yoga Teacher: Christine Martitz - Christine has 30 years of yoga experience and she has instructed yoga throughout Europe, Asia, South and North America for 20 years. She is currently teaching in New York City, where she resides, conducting classes for all levels and ages in English, German and Spanish. Welcome Christine!
- Featured Audio Class: Standing on Your Own Two Feet: An Exploration of Standing Poses.
Lay the foundations for an intelligent and dynamic yoga practice with this class on standing poses, taught creatively from the ground up. This practice is appropriate for all levels, from brand-new beginners to advanced students seeking to deepen their understanding of some of the most practiced postures in the yoga tradition.
This is a Karma Collection class. Proceeds will benefit the Westhaven Clinic, a medical facility located in one of Charlottesville's public housing neighborhoods that provides medical services to the underserved and uninsured. Listen to a Sample and Download the class....
- Featured Video Class: Dive Into Yoga with Christine Martitz - Dive into Yoga is designed for the experienced yoga practitioner. You will learn sensational breathing and meditating techniques. This video will transfer you into a different realm. Christine begins class with three powerful rounds of Kapalabhati followed by the Sun Salutation which incorporates 4 rounds: one round with variations, and one with mantras and savasana as beginning and final relaxation. You can do Yoga at your own pace. Easy to use menu enables you to take the full class or do individual poses. Includes both English and German versions! View the sample and download the video....