Practicing yoga asanas perfectly isn’t the only thing you need to progress faster; especially, when you are a beginner. The following article will help you discover the extra.
Enrolling for a yoga teacher training in India is a dream of every yoga practitioner; whether a newbie or experienced. This is because, they offer a well-organized yoga schedule, experienced yoga teachers, comprehensive learning on yoga psychology and its disciplines, etc. And, the other most important thing about such programs is, they don’t discriminate between students. They welcome students from various levels; whether a beginner, practitioner or a professional.
In spite of being open to different levels, beginners prefer to learn yoga beforehand. They believe that one must put in some effort to acquaint themselves previous to the practice sessions.
It is certainly true; as, while communicating with the yoga teachers or participating in an ongoing discussion, one must be knowledgeable about the basic rule. If you are one of those yoga beginners, the following article will help you.
Here are a few tips you can use to make fast yoga progress, especially if you are a beginner:
1. Wear it right: Practicing yoga at home and at yoga class is different. At home, you can wear anything comfortable; but, if you are practicing at a yoga studio, class or a program, make sure you wear yoga specific clothes. It is crucial to wear it right not only to present yourself but also to be comfortable in it as well. For instance, loose wear may mess up with your limb while practicing and injure yourself. Hence, yoga pants and a comfortable top could be the best option.
2. Gulp it down the throat: Hydrating yourself before and after the yoga session isn’t enough. Make sure to gulp water at small intervals in the entire day. Many experienced yogis prefer flavored water over normal tap water. You may add honey, lemon, chia seeds, etc. to your water; coconut water and green tea are also few of the preferred choices.
3. Learn the poses by heart: Being a beginner, it is challenging to understand the names of yoga asanas. Hence, try to learn their names by heart in English as well as in Sanskrit. It will help you connect with the instructor easily. Though the instructor will help you understand personally, if needed; but, self-learning will help you progress faster.
4. Munch on it light: Experienced yogis believe that consuming heavy food before yoga practice makes you lazy and uncomfortable while performing the poses. Hence, give yourself an hour or two to digest the food before you go for the class or you can nibble it lightly. You can munch on a light snack 30 minutes prior to the class. A smoothie, power bar, two poached or boiled eggs with a toast can be some of your best deals.
5. Follow a disciplined routine: When you enroll for a 200 hour yoga teacher training in India, the first thing which is taught is to follow a disciplined routine. In fact, in the ancient period, yoga masters regarded yoga as a spiritual activity. If followed in a disciplined manner will heal you inside out. Therefore, prepare yourself for the same in advance.
6. Free the mind: While on the mat, make sure to free the mind from all sorts of emotions. It will help you follow the instructions of your yoga teacher more specifically. It helps you open-up physically as well as mentally. Moreover, regular practice of the same will develop awareness in the body which will keep the mind and body in sync.
Following these tips will not only help you progress in regular yoga classes but also during yoga teacher training in Rishikesh. Yoga school in India.