Confused about which yoga poses to be chosen for your beginner’s level? Here are a few shortlisted most important yoga poses for beginners.
There are over 300+ yoga poses when it comes to practicing yoga. It obviously isn’t possible for anyone to start with all the poses, especially if you have started or planning to start practicing yoga. Therefore, we have shortlisted a few poses for the beginners and will tell you why you need to do it.
1. Tadasana (Mountain Pose): This pose is considered as best warm-up exercise. It stretches and strengthens the body from the head to toe. Practicing this pose consistently is effective for increasing height and dealing with indigestion. It reduces flat feet. It also regulates menstrual cycle in women for proper blood loss.
2. Virabhadrasana (Warrior Pose-I): This pose is best suited for people with a sedentary lifestyle. It corrects the posture of the body by strengthening the arms, back and legs of the body. It relaxes frozen shoulders and restores the posture of the spine. Holding the pose for a sufficient time increases stamina and releases tension in the muscles.
3. Virabhadrasana (Warrior Pose-II): This pose helps in relieving infertility, osteoporosis, carpal tunnel syndrome and sciatica. It stretches the chest, lungs, groin and shoulders and increases stamina. It relives any pain in the back, especially during pregnancy. It makes the body aware of itself and stimulates the internal organs.
4. Utkatasana (Chair Pose): Similar to other poses, this pose also gives stretch to the full body. The focus is mostly on the knees, ankles, legs and thighs. It activates svadhisthana chakra which provokes wellness and creativity. Staying in the same pose increases the heart rate which allows maximum intake of oxygen for proper functioning of the heart and body.
5. Trikonasana (Triangle Pose): For someone who usually suffers from neck sprain, stiffness in the upper back and shoulders; this pose is a reliever. It stimulates the nerves of the spine and nervous system. Also, it gives strength to the pelvic area and reproductive organs. It alleviates acidity, gastritis, indigestion and flatulence.
6. AdhoMukhaSvanasana (Downward Facing Dog): This pose is considered one of the best poses to increase the strength of the arms. It is believed to align the breathing process of the body. It helps in the elongation of the back muscles and brings the structure of the vertebrae in line. Also, its main aim is to stretch the hamstrings and calf muscles.
7. Phalakasana (Plank): This pose focuses on the whole body instead of a particular spot. It strengthens your back, abdomen, arms, and induces muscle formation. It enhances bone density and posture of the body; removes pain from the back and joints. And, brings balance into mind, body and posture.
8. Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (Bridge Pose): This pose is best for those who have drooping shoulders or defected body posture. As you pressurize the shoulders, the muscles in chest and shoulders are unfolded. Through this pose, it is easier to trigger the muscles of the legs, buttocks, thighs and even areas in the lower body.
9. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose): This pose is again one of the holistic poses in yoga that focuses on physical, mental and even internal organs of the body. Apart from strength and flexibility, it reduces pain in the neck and back and tightness in the upper body. While releasing tension from the spinal region, it gives relieves from sciatic pain. Being in the pose, opens up the chest cavity and also improves digestion. It also releases stress and anxiety from the brain.
10. Balasana (Child’s Pose): It is important to rest as well as it is to practice yoga poses. This resting pose allows the muscles in the lower body to breathe and relax. Practicing this pose on repetitive mode, massages the abdomen and intestinal tract which results in improved digestion. It is all together a calming pose for the body and mind.
You may also take professional help from yoga courses in Bangalore, Kerala, Nepal etc. There are ample yoga schools across the world offering yoga in Bangalore, Rishikesh, Thailand etc.