Provide Fresh Content on You, Your Yoga Classes, Your Teachers, Your Studio, Your Events. It's all about your unique qualities that will come out in your personal style of web-publishing. Publishing is not limited to text or photos. Post video and audio content and share your unique perspective with the world. It's simple, fun and a fast way to bring your information to a broader audience. Here we will provide you with information that will help you with web publishing to a wider audience. Please feel free to Contact Us with any questions.
Our friends at Bluewall Media provide useful tips for web-publishing on their Twitter Feed. Support their work by following them.
Here are 5 simple tips from Web Media Consulting Specialist Beth for creating your blog content:
Looking for ways to promote your new blog? Here are five that are simple and easy.
1. Write well, write consistently - Keep in mind that everything starts with great content. Try to shoot for updating your blog three times a week, although even once a week is fine if you do it consistently.
2. Commenting - Commenting on other blogs is a surprisingly effective way to drive traffic to your pages. When leaving a comment, always make sure to include your website address in the comment box.
At the bottom of most blog posts, there's a form you can fill out to add a comment. Add your name, email address and website address (always including the http:// in front of the URL). Then add your two cents to the conversation - trying to add something useful or relevant - and hit "post". Once your comment is posted, it will include a live link back your blog.
3. Put it in your signature - This is an obvious one, but it's something that often gets overlooked. Make sure you put your blog address in your email signature, and make sure you always include the http:// so people can click on it directly.
4. ShareThis - There's a great little site called ShareThis that makes it easy for readers to share your blog post. Adding a little "ShareThis" widget to your blog posts will allow people to pass on your content via email or a host of other social networking options. When your readers click on the "ShareThis" logo at the end of your post, a box will appear that gives your reader options for passing your content along to friends.
5. Create keyword-rich headlines - Use keywords in your headlines that include words people use in searches. This will help your search engines results, and start driving people to that great content you're publishing! For research on keywords, make the Google Adwords Keyword Tool your best friend.
Type in any word or phrase, and it'll give you estimates on how many searches occur for that term each month. This tool also gives you suggestions for other related searches.
Remember - write great content FIRST, then try some tricks for promoting your blog. Watch your readership grow!